Friday, October 26, 2012

Vocabulary Board

It seems crazy that I didn't think of this before- a vocab bulletin board.  I have 4 bulletin boards in my classroom--
  • One is full of teacher stuff/notes/schedules/etc.
  • One has behavior reminders and forms all over it.
  • The other two are basically fluff.  I rarely change them until pre-concert (I put lyric sheets up for kids to take home and practice). 

    I have been keeping a list of musical vocabulary words that we cover in each grade level to add to through the year.  But I had the list filed away and secret. :)
    Duh- cover a board with that!  So, here it is.

I added the little background color blob (red, orange, purple, etc) because all my grades are color coded.  I also got a little crazy and decided to try to cut the number/letter of the grade into the corners of the paper- snowflake style.  See if you know what I mean in these pictures:
 
Then I added (double layer) of white scrap paper to write the words on and a little space to expand, if needed.  Now, I have posted lists of words we 'know'. :)  And, I told students if we learn a musical word and they are the first to catch it so we can add it to the board, I'll give them a prize.  More eyes and brains engaged on related info.  I hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment