Wednesday, June 20, 2012

UFO & Pesto

In order to spice & healthy up my typical summer breakfast, I came up with this "recipe".  My typical breakfast is a "UFO"- a piece of bread with a circle cut in the middle where an egg is cooked.  For the "pesto," I just took whatever vegetables and spices I had and thought would go well together, blended/chopped them up in my magic bullet and cooked them quick.  See pictures below for the details :)
 My ingredients: egg, bread and whatever else sounds good
  
 I chose some spinach, red onion, red pepper, jalapeño and cilantro.


 Cook in pan with a little extra virgin olive oil until veggies are done to your liking. Set aside.
 Cut a circle in your bread.
 Again (in the same pan), with a little EVOO, toss in the bread until it gets a little toasted.  Then flip.
Crack the egg into the center of the bread and cook for a bit (very technical) then flip and cook until desired 'doneness'. :) 
Oh yeah- finish off the circle of bread!  Depending on what is left in the pan, I may or may not add EVOO to toast it.
UFO with 'pesto' on top. Tah-dah!

2 comments: